IBRO Latin America Regional Committee (LARC)
The IBRO Latin America Regional Committee (LARC) is the IBRO Regional Committee composed of elected voluntary leadership that focuses on supporting and promoting neuroscience in the Latin American region based on its specific needs and conditions. Our activities include:
- Advising IBRO leadership on regional needs, challenges and opportunities
- Providing resources for Latin American researchers and those interested in Latin American neuroscience
- Serving as IBRO regional ambassadors
- Developing and proposing the annual budget for IBRO’s Latin American activities
- Reviewing Latin American and global grant applications
- Holding an annual committee meeting to review, discuss and identify Latin American neuroscience priorities
- Working closely with the Federation of Latin American and Caribbean Neuroscience Societies (FALAN), the IBRO Latin American member societies and other Latin American and global scientific networks to increase brain research and awareness in the region.
To find out more, click on the links below.
- LARC members
- IBRO Latin American member organizations
- Regional news and events
- Latin American grants
IBRO-LARC Committee Members serve for 3-year terms (according to current IBRO by-laws established in February 2018) and have the option to run for re-election once. Candidates for new members are proposed by our Governing Council to the Nominating Committee who then evaluates and shortlists the final candidates. They are then presented to the Governing Council in an online election process that ultimately determines the new members.
Gabrielle Britton (2021-23)
Staff Scientist; Coordinator of Center for Neuroscience
Instituto de Investigaciones Científicas y Servicios de Alta Tecnología (INDICASAT-AIP)
Panama City, Panama
Elaine Del-Bel (2021-23)
Universidade de São Paulo
São Paulo, Brazil
Caroline Escobar-Briones (2021-23)
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
Mexico City, Mexico
Gustavo Murer (2016-20; 2021-23)
Institute of Physiology and Biophysics (IFIBIO Houssay), University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine & CONICET
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Adrian Palacios (Chair, 2016-20; 2021-23)
Universidad de Valparaíso
Ana Silva (2021-23)
Universidad de la República
Join the IBRO Latin America Regional Committee (LARC) Facebook page!
Looking to share breaking neuroscience news in the Latin American region?
Want to find out about grant opportunities for Latin American researchers?
Eager to link up with other Latin American researchers and build the Latin American neuroscience community?
The IBRO-LARC page wants to feature the best of Latin American neuroscience, brain-related research, inspiring science stories, career opportunities and much more.
We look forward to connecting with you and welcoming your engagement in building the Latin American neuroscience community into a strong and supportive research network.