Discover IBRO's Funding Calendars
Below you will find the IBRO Grants Calendar and the IBRO Schools and Training Calendar for 2022, which provides the latest information regarding funding and training opportunities available in your region.
IBRO Grants Calendar 2022
|Grant||Eligible regions||Applications open||Applications deadline|
|MBL and CSHL Fellowships||USCRC||Year-round||Course dependent|
|Science of Learning Fellowships||All regions||10 Jan||Closed|
|Maternity/Parenthood Grant (Round 1)||All regions||28 Jan||Closed|
|Travel Grants (July – December 2022)*||All regions||04 Feb||Closed|
|*Those planning to attend SfN should apply here|
|Stipends to attend Summer School on Affective Neuroscience (PERC/FENS)||All regions||Open||Closed|
|Stipends to Attend Neurobiology of Hearing Course (PERC/FENS)||All regions||Open||Closed|
|Exchange Fellowships||Asia/Pacific, Latin-America, Africa, Pan-Europe||18 Mar||Closed|
|Stipends to Attend Mathematical Methods in Computational Neuroscience School (PERC/FENS)||All regions||Open||Closed|
|Early Career Awards||Asia/Pacific, Latin-America, Africa, Pan-Europe||01 Apr||Closed|
|IBRO-LARC/FALAN Travel Grants||Latin-America||11 May||Closed|
|Collaborative Research Grants||Asia/Pacific, Latin-America, Africa, Pan-Europe||10 May||Closed|
|Rising Stars Award||USCRC||14 Jan||Closed|
|Maternity/Parenthood Grant (Round 2)||All regions||18 Jul||18 Aug|
|Travel Grants (January – June 2023)||All regions||20 Jul||20 Aug|
|Return Home Fellowships||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||05 Sep||05 Oct|
|Schools||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||See Schools Calendar|
|Diversity Grants||Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||21 Feb||Closed|
|Conference Sponsorships 2022||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||1 Mar||Closed|
|Support for Soft Skills Training||Pan-Europe||16 May||Closed|
|Call for School Proposals 2023||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||1 Jun||Closed|
|Global Engagement Seed Grants 2023||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||10 Jun||Closed|
|Conference Sponsorships 2023||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||1 Jul||Closed|
|Meetings Support 2023||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Pan-Europe||18 Jul||18 Aug|
|Brain Awareness Week Grants 2023||Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, US/Canada||1 Sep||2 Oct|
IBRO Schools and Training Calendar 2022
General Funding Conditions
- For eligibility details, refer to the requirements of each specific grant.
- IBRO does not have individual members so individual membership is not a requirement for any of our grants.
- All applications are made online with varying deadlines. Application forms are accessible for editing until 5 p.m. CET (Central European Time) of the deadline date listed for each application. Only fully completed applications will be considered. Instructions on how to receive your grant will be included with the notification letter and are made by international wire transfer.
- Due to changing financial sanctions, awards made to citizens or residents of Iran and Cuba require approval by the U.S Treasury Department. IBRO will support individual applications for an OFAC license in such cases. Please note this process is independent from IBRO and a response may take several months. IBRO is currently unable to accept applications from or make payments to citizens and residents of North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, Russia/Crimea, and Ukraine/Crimea due to changing financial sanctions.
- All funding awards will provide 80% payment two months in advance, and 20% payment following submission of the required funding report.
- Please read the 2021 COVID-19 Policy which covers cancellations of IBRO-funded Events
Grant Report Guidelines
If you have received IBRO grants for individual research, the organization of schools and events, global advocacy events or have supervised an IBRO grantee, you are requested to fill out a report form and submit it to the IBRO Secretariat at the end of the grant period. The report forms are online and can be accessed at the following links:
Event Organizer Report Form
Diversity Grant activities
Global Engagement Seed Grant
IBRO/Dana BAW Grant
If you have any problems accessing the online forms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Formatting Guidelines
These Payment Formatting Guidelines will provide a framework for validating your account number and ensure that mandatory requirements are satisfied prior to payment processing. They are ordered by currency (A-Z) and explain the formatting of account numbers in addition to any other necessary information required by Western Union Business Solutions and/or the beneficiary institution that may be necessary to make payments to IBRO beneficiaries.
When using these guidelines it is important to note the following:
1. ALL payments require an account number to accompany the transaction.
2. Verify currency requirements specified by the beneficiary bank country. By doing so, Western Union Business Solutions will be able to continue to seamlessly process all payments while minimizing requests for additional payment processing information.
3. When you receive IBRO funding, you will be contacted by email and asked to enroll your bank account information via GlobalPay (sender: email@example.com). This invitation is frequently recognized as spam, so please check your spam/junk folders if the invitation does not appear in your inbox.
4. Please note the “enroll today” link is displayed as an image and requires html to be enabled.
5. Please select your preferred currency and refer to the Payment Formatting Guidelines (see hyperlink above) when enrolling your bank account information with IBRO.
All “required” fields MUST be completed. Failure to provide all required information will result in SIGNIFICANT delays in the processing of your payment. If for any reason the funds are returned to IBRO by the beneficiary bank, all losses incurred will be subtracted from the award total before re-issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can help me with a question about my online application?
Please contact the programs team at firstname.lastname@example.org and allow two working days for a response.
What should I do if my referee has not yet received any information from IBRO regarding my application?
First, please ask your referee to check his/her “junk-mail” box. If the message did not arrive, please request your referee to contact the programs team directly at email@example.com.
How do I receive the funds from my IBRO grant?
You will receive instructions for reimbursement in the official award letter you receive from IBRO.
Can I receive my funds in advance of the meeting or conference for which I have received a travel grant?
No, it is not possible to send the funds prior to the meeting. To verify that you have attended the meeting or conference for which you have received a travel award, the IBRO Secretariat must receive your certificate of attendance.
Can I apply for and IBRO Return Home Fellowship if I have already returned to my country of origin?
No, you must not yet have returned to your country of origin at the time you apply for IBRO Return Home funding.
Who makes the decisions regarding the funding programs administered through IBRO Central?
IBRO’s Regional Committees, review and ranks all applications. The committees bring a local perspective to decisions made in all of IBRO’s funding program by tapping into the knowledge of local neuroscience programs and training needs to ensure the most promising and most deserving candidates are selected to receive IBRO funding awards. Committee Chairs make every effort to ensure a balanced geographical and gender representation to create career-enhancing opportunities for as many young neuroscience researchers as possible.
Will the information I enter in my funding application remain confidential?
Personal data collected from our members are used exclusively for the needs of IBRO. Access to these data is secured and limited to IBRO committee members and the IBRO Secretariat. These data are not made available to any outside institution or interests.