IBRO Pan-Europe Regional Committee (PERC)
The IBRO Pan-Europe Regional Committee (PERC) is the IBRO Regional Committee composed of elected voluntary leadership that focuses on supporting and promoting neuroscience in the Pan-European region based on its specific needs and conditions. Our activities include:
- Advising IBRO leadership on regional needs, challenges and opportunities
- Providing resources for Pan-European researchers and those interested in Pan-European neuroscience
- Serving as IBRO regional ambassadors
- Developing and proposing the annual budget for IBRO’s Pan-European activities
- Reviewing Pan-European and global grant applications
- Holding an annual committee meeting to review, discuss and identify Pan-European neuroscience priorities
- Working closely with the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS), the IBRO Pan-European member societies and other Pan-European and global scientific networks to increase brain research and awareness in the region.
To find out more, click on the links below.
IBRO-PERC Committee Members serve for 3-year terms (according to current IBRO by-laws established in February 2018) and have the option to run for re-election once. Candidates for new members are proposed by our Governing Council to the Nominating Committee who then evaluates and shortlists the final candidates. They are then presented to the Governing Council in an online election process that ultimately determines the new members.
Fabio Blandini (Chair, 2018-24)
IRCCS Fondazione Istituto Neurologico Nazionale C. Mondino
Herta Flor (2018-24)
University of Heidelberg
José Luis Lanciego Perez (2020-22)
Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra
Marina Pizzi (2018-24)
Università degli Studi di Brescia
Emmanuel Valjeant (2020-22)
INSERM, L’Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle (IGF)
Ana-Maria Zagrean (2018-24)
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Arleen Salles (2022-24)
Uppsala University, Center for Research Ethics and Bioethics
Join the IBRO Pan-Europe Regional Committee (PERC) Facebook page!
Looking to share breaking neuroscience news in the Pan-European region?
Want to find out about grant opportunities for Pan-European researchers?
Eager to link up with other Pan-European researchers and build the Pan-European neuroscience community?
The IBRO-PERC page wants to feature the best of Pan-European neuroscience, brain-related research, inspiring science stories, career opportunities and much more.
We look forward to connecting with you and welcoming your engagement in building the Pan-European neuroscience community into a strong and supportive research network.