Open | 29 Nov 2023 – 9 Feb 2024 |
IBRO-PERC offers travel grants of up to EUR 750 each for students and early career researchers to attend the FENS Forum 2024, taking place from 25-29 June in Vienna, Austria. The application for this travel grant is integrated into the abstract submission process. Therefore, only participants who have registered and paid for the onsite participation, and have submitted a poster presentation, will be able to apply for this grant.
Eligibility Criteria for the IBRO-PERC Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow currently resident in Europe.
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2024 as an onsite participant.
- You have submitted an abstract as the first author for an onsite presentation.
- You are presenting an abstract.
- You have a letter of support from your current supervisor/PI.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You are a resident of Austria.
- You were awarded a FENS/IBRO-PERC travel grant to attend the FENS Forum 2022
- You have received other sources of funding or a different grant to attend the Forum 2024.
- The travel grant will be paid by bank transfer after the FENS Forum 2024 following submission of the certificate of attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other methods of transfer (cash, Paypal, etc) are not possible.
- If the awardee does not personally come to the Forum (illness, not obtaining a visa, etc.), the travel grant will not be awarded and cannot be transferred to another person, even if they are presenting the same abstract.
Due to international banking sanctions, awards made to citizens and residents of Iran, Cuba and Russia require approval by the U.S. Treasury Department. IBRO will support individual applications for an OFAC license in such cases. Please note this process is independent from IBRO and a response may take several months.
Additional grant opportunities
You may also be interested in the Early Career Training Programme (ECTP). ECTP is a short stay laboratory programme taking place in Austria and Hungary and generously supported by FENS and IBRO-PERC.
Applicants who are not awarded a travel grant have 10 business days after travel grants notifications to cancel their registration and request a refund minus EUR 30 handling fees. Abstract submission fees will not be refunded.
Please read carefully the abstract withdrawal policy.
29 November 2023 – 9 February 2024 (23:59 CET)
Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
Maximum Grant Amount:
Apply HERE (Please note you will be redirected to the FENS Forum website where you will be required to create an applicant profile)
For any queries regarding the these grants, contact email@example.com