IBRO-PERC supports the Young Investigator Training Program (YITP) that will take place just before the FENS Forum.
The program has the following objectives:
- Allow brilliant and motivated young scientists, in particular from countries with more limited access to most recent investigation technologies, to get practical experience with techniques and topics, useful for their professional project but that have not yet had opportunity to cover in detail.
- Allow selected young scientists to interact with top-level scientists and discover new institutions in order to refine their scientific and professional projects.
- Allow selected scientists to combine this training with their attendance at the FENS Forum.
- Provide information about career opportunities in Europe.
- Establish links within this community of young scientists.
A stipend program will financially cover part of the travel and accommodation expenses for up to 20-30 selected students and postdoctoral researchers. The first condition for selection is registration to attend the FENS Forum or a commitment to register. The second condition is established contact with a host laboratory in France, which has agreed to provide 2 to 3 weeks training on a technique mastered by the laboratory.
The training should therefore take place in June 2022 and end before the FENS Forum. Participating students will then attend the FENS meeting.