The World Congress Travel Grant program aims to foster neuroscience research by providing support to scientists from diverse geographical and scientific areas, who wish to participate in the 11th IBRO World Congress of Neuroscience.
The 11th IBRO World Congress of Neuroscience will be hosted by the Spanish Neuroscience Society (SENC) at the Granada Exhibition and Conference Centre from 9-13 September 2023. This World Congress represents a unique opportunity for neuroscientists from around the world to get together and enjoy excellent science in one of Europe’s most impressive cities. We invite you to take advantage of this exciting event to showcase your science and look forward to welcoming you to Granada in 2023.
Applications for the IBRO World Congress Travel Grants open at the same time as abstract submission. You will be required to provide your abstract submission number as part of the travel grant application form. Grants are paid by bank transfer after the awardee has attended the Congress and submitted their certificate of attendance to the IBRO Secretariat by email.
- You are a PhD student, postdoctoral researcher, or principal investigator*
- You have submitted an abstract as first author for an on-site presentation
- At least one reference is required in order to be considered for the grant. Two references are ideal
- As soon as you have completed your application, an email will be sent to the individuals you designated to support your application (one must be your current supervisor). They will be asked to submit their support for your application electronically. Please make sure that you have received their consent beforehand, that the email address is correct and that you apply early enough to leave time for them to submit their support electronically before the deadline.
*Only principal investigators from the Asia-Pacific and Latin America regions are eligible to apply. Principal investigators from Latin America must have started their first independent research laboratory within the last 5 years
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You are currently resident in Spain
- You have already received an IBRO Travel Grant for an event taking place in 2023
- You have already obtained a travel grant to the 2023 World Congress from another source
- IBRO 2023 webpage: https://ibro2023.org/
- Abstract submission: https://ibro2023.org/submit-an-abstract/
Additional travel grant opportunities offered by IBRO partners:
January 09 – March 28, 2023
World Congress dates and location:
September 09-13, 2023
Maximum Grant Amount:
Africa: 2000 EUR
Asia-Pacific: 1800 EUR
Latin America: 1800 EUR
Pan-Europe: 900 EUR
US/Canada: 1800 EUR
For any queries, please contact the Secretariat at email@example.com