Open: 10 July – 10 August 2023 |

The IBRO Parenthood Grant aims to support early-career Principal Investigators who are approaching parental leave (either via birth or adoption) by providing supplemental laboratory funding.

Pregnancy, maternity leave, adoption leave, and child primary caregiving affect researcher’s continuity in scientific research. Therefore, it results in a disadvantage for early career researchers who are forming their families as they are less competitive to produce results, publish papers and obtain grants.

Awards cover the costs of research such as reagents, facilities expenses, outsourcing experiments or data acquisition to third-party organizations, non-commercial sample, or reagents transportation, etc.

General Eligibility Requirements:

  • Applicants should be principal investigators (seven years or less). Any extended breaks from research (e.g. previous maternity or adoption leave) are accepted and should be justified in the application
  • Applicant must have at least one paper as the corresponding author as a minimal requirement for the status of an independent researcher
  • Applicants must either be pregnant (at least 4 months), have given birth in the last four months before the grant application deadline, or close to adoption, being the primary caregiver

Grant Specifications:

  • Projects should be completed in a maximum of one year from the time of award
  • The required funding report should be submitted no later than 3 months following the end of the proposed project
  • Funds will be transferred according to an 80:20 format, meaning 80% of the grant will be awarded two months prior to the start date of the project, and the remaining 20% upon completion and submission of the associated grant report 

Application dates:

Round One: 30 Jan – 17 Mar, 2023

Round Two: 10 Jul – 10 Aug, 2023

Apply HERE

Grant amount:
4,000 EUR

For any queries, please contact