Closed: 03 July – 03 August 2023 |
The IBRO Meetings Support program supports funding requests from symposia, short courses, workshops, and meeting organizers on important topics in neuroscience.
Preference will be given to activities that include younger scientists and offer training for scientists from countries with limited resources for research and/or teaching. Priority will be given to conferences where the possibility to turn virtual and/or hybrid (if necessary) is explicitly contemplated. The IBRO sponsored element within the meeting must be clearly recognizable as such.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Events must take place in 2024
- Event details, including dates, format (in-person, virtual/hybrid) and venue
- Detailed purpose for funding. Any invited speakers must be no older than age 45 at the time of the event and should be balanced in terms of gender and regional representation
- Applicants must specify how IBRO will be promoted before and during the event (advertising, prominent positioning of the IBRO logo, distribution of IBRO materials, etc)
- Organizers must explain efforts undertaken to ensure gender and geographical diversity
- Copy of the event program
- The required funding report should be submitted no later than 3 months following the conclusion of the event.
- Funds will transferred according to an 80:20 format, meaning 80% of the grant will be awarded two months prior to the start date of the event, and the remaining 20% upon completion and submission of the associated grant report
01 July – 31 August, 2024
Maximum Grant Amounts:
Asia-Pacific: 2,500 EUR
Africa: 3,000 EUR
Latin America: 5,000 EUR
Pan-Europe: 8,000 EUR
Please note you will be re-directed to the IBRO Grants Portal, where you will be prompted to create, or log into, a user account before applying.
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org