Open | 15 October 2023 – 15 April 2024 |
Directed at PhD students and early post-doctoral fellows based in Europe, the FENS/IBRO-PERC Exchange Fellowships Programme aims to foster and broaden the scope of their methodological training by supporting goal-directed laboratory visits in established European laboratories.
In their mutual and strong commitment to support early career researchers and intra-European mobility, with a set goal of advancing neuroscience research and training in Europe, FENS and the IBRO Pan-Europe Regional Committee (IBRO-PERC) are pleased to announce the launch of the FENS/IBRO-PERC Exchange Fellowships Programme.
- Applicants should be Master or PhD neuroscience students or early postdoctoral fellows (maximum 5 years from the start of the postdoc) currently studying or working in Europe
- Applicants should be members of a FENS society, individual FENS members or members of an IBRO member organization in the Pan-Europe region
- Mandatory letter of acceptance from the host laboratory
- Letter of reference from the group leader of the home laboratory
Applicants resident in Africa, Asia and Latin America should apply via the general IBRO Exchange Fellowships program page here.
- The length of the proposed stay should be a minimum of 4 weeks, and maximum of 3 months
- Both the home and the host laboratories should be located within Europe
- The fellowship must involve a change of country (i.e. the host laboratory should be located in a different country than the home laboratory)
- The fellowship should be concluded in a maximum of one year from the time the grant has been awarded
- The eligible items in terms of requested budget relate to travel (economy class) and housing; items such as insurances, samples and equipment, groceries, cosmetics or similar are not eligible
- The report associated with the completed fellowship should be submitted no later than 3 months following the conclusion of the laboratory stay
- Candidates may only submit one application, for one fellowship, at one host laboratory during each round of applications.
Funds may be used for travel and local expenses during the laboratory exchange. Funds will be transferred according to a 60:40 format, meaning 60% of the grant will be awarded at least 2 weeks in advance of the fellowship, and the remaining 40% upon completion of the exchange and submission of the associated grant report.
Biannually: 15 April and 15 October (midnight CET)
Maximum Grant Amount:
Apply HERE (Please note you will be redirected to the FENS website)
For any queries regarding the FENS/IBRO-PERC Exchange Fellowships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org